Friday, May 21, 2010

32)#102-14. Group Blue Proudly Presents... and Thanks!


This Monday was very special for me because it was my birthday =) Coincidentally, I had my seminar presentation on the very same day. Sevda, Nazlı and I, the ‘fierce’ members of group blue, were all dressed in blue from head to toe. Unfortunately, nobody noticed :/

Anyways, we went to our classroom FASS1081 to prepare everything beforehand. After Nazlı who introduced our presentation, Sevda started it off by explaining the features of black language. Following her, I explained the family identity of the Breedloves. I tried to analyze the family as a whole and its members as individuals. I also used a chart to explain the latter. I must thank Nazlı and Sevda for improving my computer skills. It took some time for me to accomplish that;)

Finally, it was Nazlı’s turn to talk about the Civil Rights Movement. On a closing note, we played “Black Magic Woman” by Fleetwood Mac. While we were preparing the group work of our presentation on Saturday, the coffee at Cafe Crown must have inspired us because that is when we got this idea to use a blues song at the end of our presentation.

Overall, how did Group Blue’s presentation go? I think it went pretty well. I enjoyed explaining the material to my fellow classmates. The only thing that bothered me was no matter how much I tried to interact with the audience, I was not able to succeed. That was a bummer :( My group members suffered from the same problem. We tried to explain more and give hints about the questions we posed, but we had no luck.. I do not know what we could have done more really.

The highlight of the presentation was actually what happened afterwards. When Sonja asked the class to sing “Happy Birthday” for me, I was really touched. I went bright red. I was sooooooo happy. Yes, even though I’m supposedly an adult, I still feel like a kid on days like this. I want to thank everyone, first and foremost Sonja and then my classmates, for doing such a nice thing. I’ll always cherish that moment :)

Ahh, I’ve written a lot today. You’re free to harass me about the length of this post if you like ;)
Peace.

6 comments:

  1. I thought your diagram was fabulous and I envied the Powerpoint skills that went into it!

    I'm so sorry for not noticing your co-ordinated outfits...I guess I was too focussed on the content! ;)

    It was definitely not your fault in any way that the audience declined to respond. (I'll try to contain my fury on this point...)

    I wish I'd been better prepared for your birthday..but I'm happy you enjoyed your little song! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Sonja! I'm glad that you liked our presentation :)

    Hahaha^^ Not noticing our outfits, well, if it was the content that grabbed the attention more, in that case, I must say I'm pleased =D

    Aw.. I really appreciated the song. I couldn't ask for more. Thank you VERY VERY much! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Sonja: being too focused on the content is a good way to evasion:P

    And I do not catogarize these two: being an adult and being a child;)

    Feelings are always inside us..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for saying that Can :)

    I guess no matter what kind of 'adult' I become, I'll still be a kid inside ;)

    ReplyDelete